Monday, February 15, 2010

Keep it up...

I gave myself a personal challenge this year. Let me be clear that this is not a New Year's Resolution, but more of a revelation. My challenge, lose 50 pounds in 2010. If you've been keeping up, the Brownies haven't been resting well and this put an initial "kink" in my challenge. Beginning in February, I decided no matter how exhausted I am..."EXERCISE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE"! I am starting my 3rd week today of workouts. I have successfully completed 2 consistent weeks of working out at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes. Most of the time, my workouts begin at 11:00p, which I know is not an ideal time to workout and I most certainly could use the "I'm too tired excuse"...AGAIN. However, it is no longer an option for me.

Also, I have always been a scale monger. I would usually weigh myself everyday. This action would either encourage me or most commonly, discourage me in my progress. I haven't stepped on the scale once. Once or twice a week I have thrown in an hour long workout with Billy Blanks, which absolutely kicks my butt. When I am completely covered in sweat, absolutely out of breath and my muscles are aching so bad, I am always encouraged by his words...

"Where I am today, is where MY mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where MY mind will put me. When I look down at myself, the only thing that causes me to look the way I do, is MY mind and MY will!" ~Billy Blanks

No truer words have been spoken. I just want to encourage you to get up and do something. Everything I've read says that working out is cumulative. If you can find 10 minutes, 3 times a day to do something...do it. It all counts. I still hate to workout and I am hoping that I will at the very least begin to make exercise a habit and a part of my life, for the rest of my life. I'll end with one more reminder from one of my new coaches Billy Blanks...

"Remember when you get tired and don't have the power, all you got to do is look up to the sky and ask the one on high to give you some power. Boy, he'll give you all the power you need. You know, when you're by yourself and down and out, just look up sometimes and ask God to give you what you need. He'll give it to you. He'll fill you up with everything you need and you'll start to do things you never thought you could do." ~Billy Blanks

Keep it up...if I'm doing it, you can too!

No comments: