Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deck the halls...

Today started much earlier than expected. Daddy Brown had to get to work early this morning. Big Brownie notified me at 4:30a that he was out of juice and Little Brownie decided he would like a bottle around 6:30a this morning too. So, I've basically been up and at 'em since 4:30a. Since I didn't technically go to bed until almost 1a, it seems to be par for my golf course lately. So...hot coffee, fully leaded with caffeine and a few shots of my favorite creamer on tap today!

In continuing to Advent the Season, I decided to spread the holiday cheer as much as we possibly can. We are preparing almost 3 full boxes to ship to our American soldiers today. Things like socks, throws, hot chocolate and soup as well as our Christmas card and pictures colored from our children will be included. It makes my heart happy to know that hopefully on or before Christmas Eve, a few soldiers will have a taste of home for the holidays. Tomorrow, I plan to go through our own cabinets and come up with a donation for a local food bank. Thursday, I hope to have my Brownies voluntarily donate 1 toy to Goodwill for another child in need. I'm thinking that on Friday and possibly Saturday, we will try to get our Christmas tree and decorations up so that we can enjoy our Christmas week in the full swing of things. Then on Sunday, we will be caroling with our friends to spread the joy of Christmas to our neighbors. It should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to plan next weeks adventures.

On that note, we live behind a neighborhood that truly "Decks the halls with balls of holly" each year. This year, like years past, one house in particular seems to have every inch of grass, tree, brick, shingle and fence post covered with all things Christmas. This Friday, they will even have their very own Santa Claus available for children to visit and have pictures. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the boys reaction. I love this season and I love all things Christmas. Let the spirit of Christmas fill your home, your family and most of all, your soul!

No comments: