Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Prayers...

When I think of summer closing in on our calendar, I always think about the joys of sleeping in, relaxed schedules, water slides and good friend play dates...too name a few.  Even though it's technically still Spring, we have busted out the water slide, bounce house, kiddie pool, sand table and just about anything else that might bring joy to our day.

Last week, we invited our cousin to come and play.  It was a special time because this sweet, precious 6 year old suffered an unexplained brain hemorrhage back in January.  After a routine follow up angiogram mid-May, the reason was finally revealed.  He has an abnormal blood vessel in his brain.  A vessel that needs repair immediately.  Because recovery will take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months, he will likely not have a chance until late summer to enjoy the normal summer adventures that all young kids enjoy. 

After the water play concluded, I captured the boys having some "boy conversation" outside.  I could hear him explaining his surgery to Big Brownie.  He said, "Yeah, they are going to open my head, remove some bone, put 2 clips in and then I'll wake up."  There were many giggles and carefree, relaxed laughter.  It was a great afternoon.  Tomorrow, May 31st at 7:30a, he will indeed have brain surgery.  I praise Jesus that 2 leading neurosurgeons are right here in our area...a point that is not lost on me.  I pray knowing that God's hand will be covering every aspect of his procedure and recovery.  If you have a moment, please lift our family in prayer.  I am ever thankful for the support and love that surrounds this sweet boy.


No comments: