Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Say What Wednesday?

I've been on a blogging hiatus for a while so I thought I'd throw out some funny moments over the last little bit...

As we were coming home from the grocery store, Big Brownie reminded me that he was issued an official drivers license by his teacher at Mother's Day Out.  He said, "Mama, I am officially ready and able to drive the car at any moment.  I promise to drive the speed limit and NOT get a ticket.  I don't want you to take money from our family to pay for my ticket.  We need that money so you can buy me more toys."

Little Brownie was walking around the house grabbing his booty.  I asked, "Why are you grabbing your booty?"  He replied, "Don't worry, it only hurts a little."  I said, "Why, what's wrong?"  He said, "Oh, it's just my underwear...I put them on backwards so I could see my booty today."  With a smile I replied, "Well, let's put them back on the right way."  He said, "Ok Mudder"!

And on that note, does anyone else have a 3 year old child that chooses to call their mom Mother?  Well, Little Brownie does and he calls me "Mudder" all the time.  Sometimes I even get a Mud instead of a Mom!

The boys were watching the Disney movie "Up" the other day.  Big Brownie says, "Mama, one day I'm gonna go to America".  I said, "Baby, you live in America."  He said, "Oh, well maybe I can be in American without my brother!" 

We have started our responsibility chart in our home.  The boys are expected to make their bed, get dressed on their own, put their clothes in the hamper, pick out their own breakfast (if it's a cereal morning), pick up their toys, put their wii games away and in the correct boxes, feed our dog Andy, brush their teeth in the morning and at night and put on their pajamas.  Now, that is the goal, not necessarily the action.  These are acts they are expected to do, most importantly, without me having to ask them.  However on some days around the Brown house, you may here things like....

"Can today just be a pajama day so I don't have to get dressed?"
"I didn't eat anything that was stinky today, so do I still have to brush my teeth?"
"Can I just put these clothes in the washer for you instead of the hamper?"
"If I leave my toys on the floor, then we can just let Andy play with it."
"I didn't feed Andy today because I didn't want to get my hands dirty."

These are just a few that come to my mind at the moment.  And...because I've been on a blogging hiatus, be on the look out for Birthday and other holiday posts to come.  :)

No comments: