Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Status....

Happy New Year from The Brownies. We are excited to see what the new year holds for us and for you. We rang in the New Year in a quiet fashion. For the first time, Big Brownie had a sleepover here at our home. Cousin Peanut Butter Fudge came to spend New Year's Eve night with us. The boys played and played. We watched movies and ate popcorn. We had a real blast. Long about 9:00p, the boys started winding down and with much anticipated quiet abound, everyone was asleep and in their beds at 9:45p. It was great. I could not have asked for a better night from them all.

As much as there will be many resolutions to be made in the new year, we have had some pretty big milestones here at the end of the year. Little Brownie made a few decisions of his own. First, he decided he no longer wants his "baba" in the morning and evenings. This is a big one because even though he is over 2, he has enjoyed having a bottle when he wakes and when he goes to bed. My thought was that one day he would decide he didn't need it anymore and he did. Secondly, he no longer uses his "binkie". He went to sleep on day for nap-time and didn't ask for it. I waited by his door with binkie's in hand for when he would wake and request it. But he never did. So now, for the last week, he has been without a binkie. I ransacked the house in search of every hidden binkie I could find to put them away. Just today, he found one in the toy box in the playroom. He came downstairs smiling with binkie in his mouth. With a little push, he told the binkie goodbye and placed it on the counter.

And finally, the same day Little Brownie decided he didn't want his "Baba", he also took his diaper off. He brought it to me and said, "Mama, I don't want to any more!" He handed me the diaper and ran off. All the while saying, "Pee Pee in the Potty!" So, my Little Brownie isn't so little any more. He has been an eating machine. This morning for example, I made homemade biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and sausage links. He ate almost everything on his plate. Within 15 minutes from leaving the table, he came to me and said, "Mama, can I have my oatmeal now?" So, he ate half a bowl of oats. Although he has many words in his vocabulary now, he still struggles sometimes communicating and it is very frustrating for him. Several of his words are similar and it can take me a few minutes for him to finally get his point across, but believe me, he gets his point across. He loves to give night-night kisses and hugs. He is gonna kiss you on the forehead and the cheek, and of course, on the lips. I praise God everyday for these little milestones and blessings as Little Brownie grows so abundantly. He will always be my miracle baby and he continues to bless me with little miracles everyday.

Big Brownie has been such a blessing. One day, he is going to make a special woman, a wonderful husband. He loves to help me clean up. He loves to help me do the laundry. He loves to help make supper. He is so thankful and grateful. He thanks me for cleaning his toilet and he thanks me for his meals. He is so precious. He has also decided he needs a sister. For the last two weeks, he has told me, "Mama, we need a baby." He proceeds to tell me, "Mama, do you know where you can get me a sister?" I asked, "Where?" He explains, "Can you please go get me a sister at the 'Sister' store?" This has brought many questions about where babies come from. I have explained that only God decides when we will have a baby and when he plants a special seed in my belly, he will decide if it will be a boy or a girl. He told me last night, "Can we trade little brothers in for little sisters?" We are still explaining the whole baby thing on a daily basis, however, I think it is so sweet that he loves all the babies around us. He loves to sing to them and rub them. He is a good Big Brother to Little Brownie...most of the time.

So, since it's the New Year, I feel I need to make a few resolutions. So here we go...

First, I'm gonna start back running. I haven't ran much through the holidays and I miss it. I've thankfully only gained 3 pounds since before Thanksgiving. Last year my goal was to lose 50 pounds. I lost 15 pounds total and gained 3 back.

So my second resolution is to lose 18 pounds this year. 50 seems like so much and if I hit it, that means I'm doing something extraordinary. I'll be ecstatic to lose my the 3 I gained over the holidays and 15 more.

For my third resolution, and I do understand that this might be a little tmi...too much information, however, I'm going to shave my legs at least twice a week through the winter months. Some things I just let go during the winter months and that is one of them. So, when I get in the shower and I'm going to spend a few extra minutes taking care of me.

My fourth resolution is to be a better wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend. To be a better wife is to take more time for just us, and be more understanding as a partner in life. To be a better mom is to have more patience and spend more time with them as individuals and to be a better example. To be a better daughter to my parents and to my in-laws, I want to invest myself in whole in their lives on a more regular basis and to be available to help and to listen. To be a better sister and sister-in-law by being a better listener and participate more in their lives. To be a better friend by continuing to live through the good, the bad and the ugly.

My final resolution is to be the best follower of Christ. I want to dedicate myself more to the study of the Bible. I am going to set aside more time everyday to be quiet and listen. Time needed to really listen to the word of God. I will fill my tank with the holy spirit everyday so that I can follow through with the above resolutions. I can't do any of these, to the best of my ability, if I don't give myself to him first. I realize this most important resolution should be the first resolution I have listed. But God is my real want and need no matter what order they are listed. I want to be closer to him. I need to be closer to him. Happy New Year to you all and I hope and pray many blessings to each of you. It is a new day to get up and do something special with your time. To do something extraordinary with you family and friends. AND to be the best you that you can be.

With Love, ~Mama Brown.

No comments: