Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jump-a-thon...

Yesterday was the first day of the new year for us to actually leave the house. It has been an awesome week from Christmas to New Years to just lay low and hang out with each other. Going to bed late, sleeping in, naps on the couch, picnics in the living room floor and even wearing our pajamas all day long. Since I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old and we have officially hit the winter chill, I have to be a little creative with physical activity for my boys. Jumping has become one of our favorite activities and has helped to reduce the amount of Cabin Fever we have felt.

So, each evening we have a jump-a-thon! That's right, I let my children bounce off the walls, couches and chairs (supervised of course) until they are sweaty and silly. The laughter alone will make you smile. Taking turns gives us an opportunity to learn sharing and kindness. Jumping a certain distance is teaching them a bit about restraint and calculation of consequence. Jump to close...fall on your knees, jump to far...fall on your face. BUT, jump the right distance and you land on your feet. I am sure I'm fooling myself into believing this is actually "good" for them. However, with most things in our life, we just roll with it. So here are a few pictures that will make you wanna JUMP too.

Jumping like ROCK STARS!


Rolling on the floor and silly faces!


Time for a little wrestling...


Ending with some love and hugs...

I love these two Brownies!

No comments: