Monday, November 29, 2010

Superstar...

Did you ever dream about being a superstar? When I was a little kid, I used to think I could sing better than anyone on the planet. I would ask my Grandparents if they would like me to "entertain" them. I sang in the car, in the bath, at school, in my room and most definitely in the store. My mom used to politely ask me to be quiet, so she could hear herself think. If I wasn't singing, I was talking. If I wasn't talking, I was humming. And guess what? My mom told me I would have a child one day that would do the exact same thing.

Her prediction was correct. Little Brownie and Big Brownie love to sing and talk and hum. They love to have a "sing-a-long" and bob their little heads up and down as we dance and sing our tunes. I recently put a CD player in the playroom so we can listen to music and books. Big Brownie requests I play music in the mornings. It is so precious to hear his little voice singing away and making his own words match the tune. Little Brownie is chiming in as well. The favorite of the week and/or year is Frosty the Snowman. Honestly, Little Brownie has been requesting and watching Frosty the Snowman all year long. We have literally burnt up our first Frosty DVD. I had to scour the stores last week to find a replacement, which was difficult because there are now several versions, prequels and sequels to the original.

The Brownies are my rock stars. At the end of the day, I feel much like my mom where I want to teach them how to play, "Quiet as a mouse". They really haven't mastered this game...AT ALL, but it is worth a try. So, back to my original question..."Did you ever dream of being a superstar?" I have felt like one many times over the last few weeks. If I get out of the house for a few hours without the Brownies, upon my return it is as if a superstar has walked through the door. "Mommy, Mommy!" says Little Brownie. "Mommy's home, you're back!", says Big Brownie. All followed with big hugs and big kisses. Walking in the house to hear their sweet voices and their feet pounding the floor as they get closer to me, is an enthusiasm I hope will continue through many years. It makes me feel good to know that I may not be a Superstar to most, but I am a Superstar to the most important.

1 comment:

k.mart said...

I know just what you mean here, and it brings a tear to my eye. Nothing in this world quite compares to coming through the door to the sound of little feet and sweet voices so excited to see... me?

And, for the record, you are a superstar to many my friend.