Friday, October 9, 2009

Close to you...

Do you know the song, Close to You, by The Carpenters? I love music and for those that don't know me well, I'm ALWAYS singing or humming, (sometimes not very well, but my audience most of the time is a 1 and 2 year old, so they don't know the difference). This song has been on my mind all day. I have to say that I feel so close and loved by my most precious partner in life. Daddy Brown makes my heart sing, my fingertips and toes tingle and makes me smile from ear to ear. The Lord is so effective in pairing the right man and right woman together. I feel so honored that Daddy Brown is my husband. He is a wonderful provider, partner, lover, friend and father.

Daddy Brown has hazel eyes and depending on what he is wearing, his eye color changes...blue shirt, blue eyes...green shirt, green eyes. Lastnight...ocean blue. As the boys slept, Daddy Brown and I sat and talked. I had a "getting lost in the eyes" moment. Of course, I snapped out of it and continued the conversation. However, looking into his eyes, and feeling his love and kindness fills my soul and my heart. He has the warmest hands. When I feel his hands on my shoulders and when his arms wrap around me, time stands still.

Being gracious and kind takes top priority in our relationship. I try to remember to thank him for the little things he does. Something as simple as putting up the dishes...deserves a thank you. It is our common goal to praise each other and lift each other up. Who better to lift you than your partner in life.


No comments: