Monday, October 12, 2009

Cherished Entries...

Last night, we officially celebrated Little Brownie's birthday. We had so much fun with our family and friends. Thanks to everyone that came and thanks for all the family that helped make it happen. Little Brownie was less thrilled to be in the crowd. He had more fun hanging in the house with me while the party went on without us. It was unfamiliar to have that many people in one place and for him to be in the spotlight.

As I am cleaning up all the party happenings, I remembered that I have not written in the Brownies notebook in quite a long time. When I found out I was pregnant to my Brownies, I bought an inexpensive Composition Notebook and began to write to them. I have written to them about my pregnancy, their birth and our life on the outside. Daddy Brown throws an entry in there every once in a while too. Since Little Brownie is now one, I decided to pull them out and read through the entries. Big Brownie has quite a bit more entries than Little Brownie. Uh...haven't really had time running after two little ones, but I'm going to do better.

One day when they are older or when I'm long gone, I want them to have these "love letters" I have written to them as their Mommy. I hope they will enjoy reading it as much as I have loved writing to them. I love to tell them about our day or week and to write personal messages to them that is for them when they get older. The funny thing is that handwriting an entry takes a lot more time than typing an entry into a blog. It makes me chuckle to say the least. I hope and pray they find comfort in these cherished entries.

No comments: