Thursday, April 26, 2012

Giving....

In our home, we talk to the Brownies quite often about how to handle their money.  When I speak of "their" money, this could mean money either given to them or money earned for completing a task that had a monetary value.  Now, since the Brownies are only 3 and 4 years old, this means breaking it down on terms quite simple.  They have a piggy bank in which we save money.  They have a "God" jar for their tythe.  They have a spend jar for the fun they want to buy.  And they have "Give" jar that we find either missions or charities to donate.  

Last night, I heard the Brownies discussing the "Give" jar.  Who or what do they want to donate money to help others.  The next thing I know, I'm presented with their "Give" jars and my tape dispenser.  They asked for me to open their jars and give them a big piece of tape. When I ask why? Big Brownie said, "Well Mom, we talked it over and we think it's gonna cost Santa a lot of money to give toys to everybody. We need to leave money out for him by the chimney, so he can start saving too."  When I came downstairs this morning, this is what I find taped to the wall.  I prayed prayers of thanksgiving that my Brownies have the ability to identify a need and figure out a way to help in their own way.  This was a precious moment and I am thankful that they have giving hearts and spirits.

 




No comments: